Your energetic level is composed of your thoughts, ideas and beliefs about the world, and how you fit into it. On this energetic level you are pushing and pulling things into your life. Interacting with the people and places around you.
Everything begins on the energetic level. The state of your health, the state of your life. The people and situations that surround you. Everything is an out picturing of your inner world. Energy is like currency… You invest in, and feed whatever you place your attention on.
Most of us live our lives unaware of this powerful spiritual truth. Once you begin to understand that you are energy, you can begin to shift your focus and consciously manifest the life you want! Faith can bring this positive energy to higher level as daily prayers and rituals that bring balance and harmony to our mind and our body.
Through daily living we are interacting with energy. Energy floats through the air. The heavy excretion of negative thought forms: discontent, frustration, and negative self talk. These are the bi-product of daily living. These energies are dust accumulating on and around us. Energetic toxins.
Not to say there is no good energy and intention out there. But they just add to our vibrancy, and vitality. What we are concerned with is the negative, or stray energies that whirl around us clouding our spiritual receptors and tainting our energetic story. As if we are trying to paint the masterpiece of our lives with a dirty paintbrush.
There is no one to blame. No one is completely immune. The only antidote is self-care: spiritual cleansing and protection. As you raise your vibration, you do your part to raise the frequency of the psychic atmosphere around you. You could call this authentic, intentional living.
Spiritual cleansing is psychic detoxification. Purging, and clearing out the aura. Spiritual hygiene aligns you to your highest good, your innate wisdom. Claiming energetic space activates magnetism to make magic happen!
Your mental/emotional sate is big players in your energetic story telling. Thoughts and feeling are active, alive forces that work to push, pull and clarify whatever you are bringing into your life. Negative thoughts and feelings have a low frequency causing disturbances in your aura, weakening your protection and inviting unwanted influence.
Emotions color and clarify thoughts. What you feel evokes what you think. As you accept limiting thoughts you invite more feelings. Creating cycle that is all too real, and very damaging.
Thankfully we have the power to disrupt this cycle. Not every negative thought or feeling will instantly show up in your life. Like consistently ingesting unhealthy food your health begins to suffer. So one negative thought won’t be damaging, just as one positive thought won’t be healing… It is through habit we cultivate good energetic hygiene.
Claiming your space is taking ownership of what you will, and will not accept in your life. Fortifying your energy bodies… Keeping negative energies at bay, and attracting more of the good that you wish for. Like frequencies of a radio, whatever rate you vibrate at allows you to tap into anything at that frequency.Staying mentally and emotionally alert declares your space. Essentially you are saying… Where am I right now? And is this where I want to be. These state of being is what we call your “personally bubble”. You are building a Universe based on what feels good to you! I like to ask myself this very profound question:
Does this feed my spirit, or does it deplete my spirit? Don’t fall for false evil cults and games.dont fall for the devil traps. Be alert.
Ask this question in any given situation. You begin to see the patterns of what builds you up, or tears you down. Break the cycle of what is limiting and you banish its power. I know this is easier said than done. But it is the basic truth of spiritual cleansing and protection.
4 Ways to Claim Your Space
- 1 Spend time in prayer and meditation to consciously shift into a high vibration.
2 Ground and center in moments of chaos. Simply stepping outside to wrap your arms around a tree will ground you. You can also work on your breathing, allowing yourself to find the rhythm of your breath. Visualizing yourself rooting into the earth like a tree. This will discharge unwanted energies.
3, Create sacred space. This can be a formal process of making a spiritual haven for connecting with the Divine. Or simply making an environment or atmosphere that makes you feel good.
Water has been used in spiritual cleansing for thousands of years. Baptism is an ancient practice of charging water with Divine force, and bathing in it to clear away the negative debris, and charge you with holy light. Same as using the holy spirit name and the name of God in daily prayers to purify our self with the light. That is why the Muslims use the 5 prayers and each time they have to do the cleansing water retinal .
Water has a unique ability to hold a specific pattern of intention. Through prayer and affirmation we charge water for spiritual work. Bathing in a tub of water filled with good intention helps you to raise your own vibration to that of the water. A simple, yet powerful practice.
Run a warm bath that feels relaxing to the touch. Add in a handful of seas salt. Sea salt is a sacred mineral because it draws out and dissolves low vibrations. As with any crystalline structure you must affirm your intention with the salt. Epsom salt can be used in place of sea salt.
Be sure to wet the crown and the base of the head. The crown and the base of the head are major areas for energy to slip into our aura to bring about balance .
A Sacred Sage Ceremony
Clearing and blessing through smoke is a time honored technique, called Fumigation. Burning botanical creates smoke which will draw out negative vibes; Smothering and absorbing them. Combining botanical will help to clear away negative energy, and infuse the aura with another intention.
Sage is sacred among the Native Americans, and probably one of the best known tools for cleansing. Smudging a home, or your person with Sage strips away negativity. To keep your aura flowing add another botanical, like Cedar, Lavender, Rose, or Sweet Grass.
- Begin by lighting the Sage bundle.Once ignited allow the tip to glow red. Blow the flame out letting the leaves smolder. You can hold a fireproof bowl, or shell beneath the smudge to catch any embers.
- Waft the Sage around your body, allowing the smoke to fully encompass you.Infuse the aura with smoke. I make counterclockwise circles with the smudge around me. Sometimes I will even walk in a counterclockwise circle with the smudge in hand.Another method is to drape yourself with a sheet (sans your head) and allow the smoke to collect underneath.Be careful not to burn anything!
- Smudge your space as well.Whoever dust collects, so does negative/unintentional energy. Move through the rooms allowing the smoke to collect in corners, dark spaces, under furniture and wherever you seem to amass clutter. You can even focus on a specific object.
- Pray or speak affirmations while I performing this ceremony.Envision the smoke absorbing and neutralizing negativity in your aura. Affirm: As this smoke gathers all negative energy is neutralized.
- Spiritual Protection Visualization ; Spiritual protection fills in leftover spaces from your cleansing. Sealing in good vibes, and keeping negativity away! Spiritual protection allows you to continue claiming space, and reinforces your intentions.
Though there are many ways of sealing and protecting yourself using the white light is a tried and true method. Visualizing white light calls on Divine energy to surround you in a bubble of protection. This is especially helpful in public places, or high intensity situations.
- Close your eyes. Focus on your breathing. Find rhythmic breathing. Begin to inhale to the count of 4, and exhale to the count of 4.
- Imagine a waterfall of golden-white light pouring around you. See yourself wrapped in, encased and protected by this divine light.
- Affirm: I am surrounded by the white light of protection, love and healing.
Use the white light whenever you need. Anytime, anywhere the white light of protection will surround you!Again, spiritual cleansing is an act, and a way of life… So live it!!
For those of you who are sensitive, or emphatic this is especially important!
f you are feeling negative influence on your energy body there are a few things you can do. I would begin by taking a bath in a solution of sea salt and lemon juice.
To do this you will run a nice tub of warm water, without any soap in it. Once the tub is filled to a comfortable place you will add one cup of sea salt and one cup of lemon juice. Mix the solution in and gently soak in the bath. Do not wash as if you were taking a regular bath. No soap needs to be used. As you soak say a prayer or see yourself surrounded by white light. Say in the name of God the creator of heaven and earth the most powerful and the merciful, bless me with this cleansing and left the bad energy from my body and soul.I would do this once every 3 days for a few weeks, or until you feel better. You can also smudge yourself with sage.
And another step is to take a fresh white egg, uncooked. Run it under clean water. Then take the egg, as if it were a bar of soap and rub it over your entire body. Without breaking the egg, then break the eggs outside your home and dispose it in a small plastic back and get rid of it.
First, you can burn candles throughout your house to create a different atmosphere. I would suggest taking white, black and blue candles, washing them with sea salt and water, saying a prayer of protection over them, and then lighting at least a white and blue candle in each room. White and black are for spiritual protection and favor, and blue is for calm and tranquility.
You can also burn sage or sweet incense throughout the house. Allowing the some to waft into all corners, doorways, and dark places. If dust can collect there, then so can negative energy.
In ancient times salt was a highly prized commodity. Long before the days of refrigeration, salt was essentially the only means of preserving food. In some cultures it was even used as currency, due to its value. It has even been said that the soldiers in ancient Rome were paid in salt. Perhaps this is where the saying, “worth his salt” comes from.
If you are dealing with any kind of negative energy, black magic, ghosts, demons or other evil entities, salt can serve as a mighty spiritual weapon.
There are even biblical references to salt. In Matthew 5:13, Jesus tells his disciples how valuable they are when He says, “You are the salt of the earth.” And like the preservative, His disciples were to preserve the faith and morality of society.
Although salt is powerful in historical and metaphorical terms, its spiritual power often goes unnoticed. Spiritually speaking, salt is considered the great neutralizer. It can help cleanse, heal and balance energy, while repelling negative vibrations.
If you are dealing with any kind of negative energy, black magic, ghosts, demons or other evil entities, salt can serve as a mighty spiritual weapon.
Besides acting as a potent purifier, salt can also help you attract positive energy. It can even aid you in your manifestations. Some of other herbs used for cleansing are;
- Cinnamon – Creates a sense of prosperity and joviality. Some use it for business success, but I find it creates more of a personal confidence and comfortably than anything purely financial.
- Allspice – Another success spice, but also good for stimulating conversation. I like to vacuum with cinnamon and allspice sprinkled on the carpets before guests come over to encourage a warm, friendly atmosphere.
- Pine Needles – Good for uncrossing and refreshing a home. Not a kitchen spice, of course, but still easily accessible. Be careful though, as too many pine needles can gum up machinery (like vacuums) quickly!
- Rosemary – Good for domestic bliss, as well as helping those who smell it focus and think clearly.
- Oregano – Keeps meddlesome influences from interfering in your life. Makes a nice “law-keep-away” substitute, and discourages nosy neighbors.
- Garlic Skins – Kills off evil, but it will leave a distinctive odor in the air.
- Rose Petals – Encourages love and passion when crumbled around the home and left for a bit before sweeping/vacuuming.
- Salt – Great for stopping any hexes put upon you and removing unwanted spiritual energies from your home. I use baking soda (a type of salt) sprinkled on carpets before vacuuming to both absorb odors and remove pesky curses. Jim Haskins records a method of preventing unwanted guests from returning which simply involves sweeping salt after them when they leave.
- Chinese Wash – An old school formula which reputedly came out of Chinatown (though which Chinatown is not particularly clear). It’s made from several powerful ingredients, many of which are found in Van Van (see below), with broom straws added for extra oomph. Good for knocking out any hexes and doing purification work. Bring blend of several Asian grass extracts, chiefly lemongrass and vetiver roo, and use it in a bath , cleanses and purifies.
- Peace Water – When made in its most interesting form, peace water is beautiful to look at, with layers of blue and white/clear liquid on top of one another in a mesmerizing stasis. When mixed up and sprinkled into a floor wash, this helps create feelings of calm, quiet, and tranquility in even very turbulent homes.
- Rose Water – This very basic addition to a floor wash can be found in many ethnic grocery markets. It’s not much more than a strong rose tea stabilized with alcohol, so you could easily make your own, but it’s also fairly cheap to buy. When used in a floor wash, it helps promote feelings of love and agreement. Of course some might say these all are khorafat ( bodaa) or superstitious and the holy books warned us about following the fortune tellers , this is not form of fortune telling but cleansing , and of course you can use the holy books reading while doing the cleansing. These herbs are earth elements that were planted here in earth before man kind.
- Pine-Sol – This commercial floor cleaner basically evolved out of hoodoo floor washes. Cat yronwods even suggests adding a little Van-Van to a bottle of Pine-Sol and using it as a simple substitute for Chinese Wash. Traditional pine scent is great, of course, or you can go with…
- Lemon Pine-Sol – Or any lemon-scented cleanser like it. Lemons have a cut-and-clear effect on a space, and have long been associated with destroying curses and breaking hexes. Charles Leland’s Aradiarecords an anti-evil-eye charm which is fundamentally a pomander made of a lemon and pins. It leaves a lovely clean smell, too, though a fairly artificial one in most cleansers. Feel free to add some fresh squeezed lemons to your mop bucket for a rootsier version of lemon-cleanser.
- Ammonia – Draja Mickacharic recommends a simple floor wash of ammonia and salt added to mop water, and it really makes a wonderful cleansing and protecting wash water. It can really neutralize almost anything thrown at you, magically speaking, and it disinfects beautifully. Mickaharic also recommends a little ammonia down every drain when you finish cleaning (just a teaspoon or so), to finish off your magical housecleaning.
- Vinegar – Four Thieves Vinegar is popular as a counter-curse wash, and as a protective mix-in for a mop-water. But really, any vinegar will help get rid of unwanted energies and protect the home from invaders and malicious forces. If the scent is strong enough, it may protect you from visitors altogether.
- You don’t do windows, you say? Well, you should at least open them up! Whenever you do a good house-cleansing, throwing up the windows and letting some fresh air circulate is vital to getting everything “right.” It helps balance out all the forces in the home, allows bad spirits to leave, and refreshes the air in the house. It’s cold to do this in winter, of course, but turning the heat off for 10 minutes and letting a little fresh air in can make all the difference in getting a home feeling good and happy again. Likewise, the doors should be opened for a bit to let the air circulate.
Once the house has been aired out and all the windows and doors cleaned and opened for a while, some folks like to light some incense, use room sprays, or even just make a little something in the kitchen to add an element of magic to the home.
Fresh Bread – One of the best symbols of abundance and prosperity. Bake a loaf in your oven and let the scent fill the home. Cookies are also good for this.
Floral Scents – Like jasmine, rose, or lavender. All of these have specific uses, and add specific magical “vibrations” to an area (rose fragrances inspire love to many, for example), so look into the flowers you like and figure out what note they will set in your newly cleaned domicile.
BY Steve Ramsey( Saad Ramzi Ismail ), PhD.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada.